Alfresco sex may not be for everyone but if your sex life needs a breath of fresh air then maybe it’s time to head outdoors for some sensual summer loving.
“Having sex outside awakens the senses,” says sex therapist, Dr Sandor Gardos. “Feeling the breeze on your skin, smelling the freshly cut grass – stimuli is very erotic.”
With that in mind, here are a few prime intimate outdoor spots to inspire you…
YOUR OWN BACKYARD
Your own home turf is a great place to experiment. “The beauty of the backyard is that it offers all the sensory benefits of an outdoor experience while still giving you a little privacy, especially if you get behind a bush or fence,” says Dr Ava Cadell, author of Stock Market Orgasm. Obviously, there are limitations here but you may just need to get a little creative to make it work.
We’re thinking more of a beach front bure than actually on the sand but if you’re lucky enough to find a little piece of tropical paradise you can call your own then the beach is wildly romantic. Getting back to nature does have it’s advantages but you’ll need to arrive armed with a decent sized beach towel and preferably a small portable gazebo for privacy.
IN A ROWBOAT
It doesn’t get much more intimate than bobbing around together in a boat in the middle of a huge expanse of water. “Being in a boat can feel like the two of you are stranded on a secluded island, which is a fantasy for a lot of people,” says Dr Patti Britton, author of The Art of Sex Coaching. So unless you suffer from seasickness this may just be your perfect outdoor love location.
Next time you’re hiking or mountain biking with your partner why not stop somewhere picturesque (and private) and work up a different kind of sweat.“There’s something incredibly raw and primal about having sex in nature – and this can evoke your sense of adventure,” Dr Gardos says.
Michelle Waitzman, author of Sex in a Tent: A Wild Couple’s Guide to Getting Naughty in Nature says, “some people assume that because you’re out camping sex isn’t an option.” Follow her tips to turn your little makeshift home away from home into a love nest.
1. Get away. Go off the beaten path to make sure you’re at least somewhat isolated. Getting vocal while getting it on might not go over too well in the middle of a family campground.
2. Keep it simple. Movements should be small and controlled. “This is not the time to try out the entire Kama Sutra, because those walls are closer than you think,” says Waitzman.
3. Use a condom. This isn’t a safe sex lecture. Even if you don’t normally wear protection, it can make clean-up—of yourselves and the tent—that much easier.
4. Bag it up. If you’re shopping for sleeping bags as a couple, invest in a pair designed to zip together. “It gives you added warmth and the convenience of being able to actually touch each other under the covers,” says Waitzman.
5. Be obvious. If you want to get laid under the stars, flirt under the sun. Waitzman advises “a little wink-wink behavior during the day to get everybody on the same page.” She says many people don’t even consider sex in the tent, mainly because they’ve never tried it.
There’s something intrinsically romantic about an open fire so if you want to ignite the passion in your relationship then an open fire is a great place to start. Of course it’s not always practical so if all else fails, turn the lights off and watch this cool virtual fireplace on your computer. It’s surprisingly realistic and if you grab a few blankets and light some candles you can easily create a romantic mood in your own lounge room. This virtual fireplace with the sounds of wind and rain outside is particularly good too.
UNDER THE STARS
If you want to up the romance, nothing beats a night of passion under the stars. According to Playboy’s 2011 sex survey, 76 percent of respondents have gotten frisky outdoors, so what are you waiting for?
7 REASONS TO LOVE FLOWMOTION ORGANIC LUBRICANT
- It’s 100% BioGro NZ Certified Organic
- Two main ingredients are organically grown – Indian Cluster Bean is a fantastic natural lubricant and Aloe vera has been renown for its healing properties for centuries.
- It’s a water-based personal lubricant that is the healthiest choice, doesn’t stain and leaves no sticky mess
- It’s safe enough to eat
- Is delicately balanced to closely resemble the body’s own natural lubrication
- nzgirl recently asked their audience to test drive FlowMotion Lubricant and asked them if they’d recommend it to a friend – with 7 out of 10 women agreeing!
- 9 out of 10 women we asked either liked of LOVED FlowMotion. Try it for yourself and get yourself a free sample here.